Renewable Energy company in South Africa has a dynamic opportunity available for a well experienced and qualified CA (or similar qualification) as CFO of a portfolio of 6 Solar PV projects. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of at least 15 years’ post articles or post qualification experience in applying their technical skills and managerial expertise, of which a minimum 5 years must have been within the Infrastructure or Renewable Energy Sector. This role will be at Senior Management level and will be responsible for the full financial management of all finance aspects.
Key Skills and Experience
· CA (SA) with ~ 15 years of post-articles experience or experienced graduate with ~ 15-20 years’ experience.
· Relevant REIPPPP experience in the Renewable Energy Sector
· Relevant Board level engagement and experience essential
· Experience in business finance operations management, particularly with projects and new start-ups
· Previous experience as a CFO which involved managing all financial aspects of a business will be a strong advantage
· Technical knowledge, including knowledge of accounting and finance business systems such as Great Plains GL, CaseWare, etc
· Some commercial knowledge of alternative asset classes.
- Project Portfolio CFO
- Financial accounting and operations management and oversight of a portfolio of projects
- Establish and foster an asset management philosophy and approach to financial management function in the portfolio
- Lead and management of the portfolio finance team
- Finance business systems effectiveness and efficiency assessment, implementation, improvement and change management
- Finance business risk assessment and management
- Ensure effective and timely Financial Planning and execution of Annual Operating Plan (“AOP”), budgets, cashflow forecasts, distributions
- Leading discussion on, presenting to and reporting to audit and risk committee, board, shareholders, government, and lenders
- Proactive lender relationship management to ensure CTA and Facility Agreement compliance
- Management and oversight of financial audits and annual financial statements to comply with transaction documents
- Treasury and cash management including foreign exchange exposure monitoring
- Liaison with and management of service providers where applicable. Collaborate with other project portfolio managers to facilitate sharing of financial information. Work closely with the technical officers of the companies, to ensure that required financial information is supplied to the technical teams, and to obtain relevant project information that will impact financial status of the companies
- Adopt and facilitate teamwork and collaboration within the finance team and project portfolio
- Work closely with the technical officers of the companies to ensure that the information required from contractors and advisors under the senior loan agreements is obtained in a timely manner and meets the necessary requirements
- Compliance with tax, legislative & statutory requirements
- Oversight and control of monthly payments to all suppliers and service providers
- Source, implement and manage the accounting and operational finance systems: GL system, reporting systems, economic development reporting systems, online banking systems and finance report automation systems and integration into asset management system.
- Establish appropriate policies, procedures, processes, and controls to ensure effective and fit for purpose financial systems
- Understand the Service Level Agreements (SLA) that have been negotiated. Monitor delivery per SLA requirements and then ensure payments in line with agreed costs and services
- Understand the economic development commitments made and obligations on the companies under the government agreements
- Ensure timeous submission of tax returns (general income tax, VAT and STC queries).
- Monthly PAYE submissions, PAYE reconciliation (mid-year and annual)
- Dealing with general income tax, VAT and STC queries)
Company Secretarial and Regulatory
- Interface with and management of company secretarial provider
- Ensure compliance with all cosec and defined regulatory requirements notwithstanding those certain functions will be outsourced per SLA
- Public officer and Seller representative role for the project portfolio