Our client is on the lookout for Business Intelligence (BI) Developers to join their BI team based in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this role is to take ownership of the data warehouse processes and information in order to ensure the warehouse runs effectively.
This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of all information within the data warehouse as well as the accuracy of the processes used to populate the warehouse on a daily basis. They are required to develop and maintain existing ETL as well as provide operational BI support to the business.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Develop and maintain existing ETL.
- Ensure the existing code base is maintained.
- Transform data into the correct format for the warehouse.
- Ensure data is loaded into the warehouse accurately.
- To take ownership of the data warehouse and integrity of all information loaded into it.
- Act as owner of the data warehouse.
- Make sure checks are in place to ensure the accuracy of all information.
- Ensure all record counts are valid.
- Ensure all data is in a useable format.
- Adhere to internal SDLC system.
- Ensure the quality of code within the BI team.
- Review code of team members within the BI team.
- Identify errors and provide feedback to relevant parties.
- Provide operational support and solve technical issues for BI processes.
- Ensure the warehouse runs effectively.
- Check for any errors in loading data.
- Identify and fix errors immediately.
- Resolve problems when new processes are required.
- Identify and address technical issues.
- To provide general BI support to the business.
- Maintain the BI shared inbox.
- Provide input into meetings as well as BI planning.
- Ensure all tickets are updated.
- Write accurate stories for backlog.
- Liaise with the business to establish and scope BI requirements.
- Meet with stakeholders to establish requirements.
- Ensure accurate understanding and make sense of business problem.
- Carry out business analysis and scope work correctly.
- Establish timeframes and communicate these back to stakeholders.
- To manage own professional and self-development.
- Grade 12 or equivalent (essential).
- Related qualification in Software Development (essential).
- 2-4 years working experience within the Business Intelligent (BI) field (essential).
- Experience writing reports (essential).
- Knowledge of data warehousing and analytics.
- Knowledge of the Mukuru products.
- Knowledge of BI tools concepts and architecture.
- Knowledge of ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Bash, MySQL.
- Analytic skills.
- Computer skills.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- SQL skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Relevant coding language skills.
Should you be appointed in a remote / work from home role at the company, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
Market related salary offered.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Cape Town.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: All staff appointments will be made with due consideration of the company’s EE targets.