PBT Group has an opportunity for a Solutions Architect for a position at an Investment client.
- Data and Information Asset Management
- Develop, implement and manage the processes and mechanisms for classifying data and information assets in terms of its purpose, sensitivity and quality as well as the level of access control and protection applicable to it.
- Data Profiling and Data Quality Management
- Develop, implement and manage the processes to assess data quality and diagnose and report issues for correction. Using data profiling and data quality monitoring & reporting tools, measure completeness, timeliness, accuracy, consistency, relevance and integrity, ensuring data is fit for its intended uses on the BI platform.
- Reference Data Management
- Develop, implement and manage the processes for reference data on the BI platform as a special subset of master data that's used for classification throughout the organisation. This includes reference data that is externally mandated or internally authored.
- Metadata Management
- Develop, implement and manage the processes for metadata (i.e. data about data) associated with the data on the BI platform. Develop and implement the end-to-end governance framework and model for creating, controlling and enhancing metadata on the BI platform.
- Data Lineage Management
- Develop, implement and manage the processes that track the life-cycle of data on the BI platform from ingestion through to consumption as well as how it changes over time (Data lineage tracking is required for master data, reference data, transactional data and metadata on the BI platform.)
- Develop physical data management architectures, policies, and practices and oversee the execution of procedures to manage data across its lifecycle on the BI platform from acquisition to consumption.
Requirements & Experience
- 8 to 10 years’ experience
- Relevant Data system experience in warehousing, ETL, Reporting, Management Reporting, Business Intelligence implementations, migrations and technology selection
- Relevant experience delivering business solutions using applicable technology
- Understanding of data flow from a technical and business perspective from source to output though Information management systems such as Data Warehouses and Data transformation hubs
- Understanding of Information Architecture domain (e,g DAMA / DMBOK)
- Define data management policies for governance purposes
- Ability to balance agility with risk in policy setting
- Understanding of enterprise implications of data policy as it relates to other policy domains: Security, Regulatory, Legal, Tax and Channel conflict
- Experience in warehousing, ETL, Reporting, Management Reporting, Business Intelligence implementations, migrations and technology selection
- Experience with Cloudera, HANA, Teradata would be preferential
- Demonstrated competence in business domain analysis, data warehousing (design and operations), and database design
- Demonstrated competence with benefits, design and management of structured and unstructured content and databases / repositories (SQL, NoSQL, HDFS/Hadoop distributions, etc.) and hands-on experience with specific products
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DBMS, SAP Business Objects, and related tools is valued
- Working knowledge and understanding of benefits and positioning of data virtualization
- Working knowledge of data science, data mining, OLAP programming, database management and programming, business process modelling and analysis
- Working knowledge of statistical computing and graphics programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Working knowledge of open source or commercial data visualization tools (Power BI, BOBJ, Tableau, QlikView)
- Working knowledge of cloud-based offerings and vendor differentiation related to analytics and information processing capabilities (AWS, Azure)
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- Planning, prioritising and organising own work to deliver results and meet expectations
- Relationship development and networking
- Client service orientated
- Action / results orientated
- Detailed orientated, yet ability to avoid “analysis paralysis”
- Ownership of tasks and self-starter
- Sound decision-making skills
- Resilience and perseverance
- Knowledge seeking and learning orientation
- Ability to work both independently and within a team