Software Developer (Application Dev)
To realise the detailed design through programming and configuration and provide guidance and mentoring of the other Software Developers.
The overall purpose is to design databases and ensuring their stability, reliability and performance.
Work closely with other engineers optimizing in application SQL statements as necessary, and
establishing best practices. Assist in solving database usage issues and advise on how to avoid any
problems in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Development of high-quality database solutions.
• Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures, functions and views using T-SQL.
• Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries.
• Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements.
• Research required data to identify the source of the data. Collaborate with the Software
• Perform code reviews of SQL, SSRS and Power BI.
• Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables using SSRS and Power BI.
• Analyse existing SQL queries and procedures for performance improvements.
• Implement indexing and other techniques to improve database and report performance.
• Maintain data quality and oversee database security.
• Resolve and troubleshoot complex issues.
• Adhere to Microsoft SQL best practices.
• Create ad hoc data extracts using T-SQL.
• Develop packages and scripts for ETL and data migration using T-SQL and SSIS.
• Perform implementations/execute scripts in a production environment.
• Support Software Engineers to optimize in-application SQL statements.
• Occasionally assist with database administration tasks.
• Employ and assist in development of best practices for database design and development
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 6 years’ experience as a SQL Engineer.
• Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject.
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft SQL best coding practices.
• Experienced in working with production environments, dealing with risks, challenges and
procedures associated with production implementations.
• Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resources usage and optimizing it.
• Some C# programming experience within SSIS packages.
• At least 2 years’ experience with Power BI and DAX.
• At least 5 years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services.
• At least 5 years’ experience with SQL Server Reporting Services.
• Some experience with SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Experience with Source Control Systems like Git.
• Familiarity with NoSQL databases like Cosmos DB or MongoDB.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Database Administration experience advantageous.
• Experience with Azure advantageous.
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• Team player.
• Good time-management skills.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information
We are urgently looking for experienced Junior Data Capturers - Processing for a 6 month contract in Johannesburg
Must have at least 1 FULL year of working experience as a Data Capturer within the bank, experience gained on forex / cross border payments
Excellent English written communication
Available to start immediately
Clear credit and criminal record
Valid and completed Matric, must have a post Matric qualification as well
Please send contactable references, copy of ID, Matric with CV.
All background checks will be conducted upfront, only serious applicants will be considered
Company in Sandton is looking for a Financial Manager to manage the full financial function for a dynamic growing business.
• BCOM in finance, accounting, or Bcom Accounts III or similar (minimum)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Financial Manager
• Ability to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
• A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
• Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
• Good command of English both oral and written
Our client in the Banking sector is seeking for a Credit Card Risk Consultant.
The suitable candidate would have vast experience as a Risk consultant with a reputable Financial Institution where they vetted either Credit card Applications or Home Loan Accounts
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform a full cycle vetting process on Credit Cards Application
Communicating with prestigious clients
All admin related duties related to vetting
Evaluating clients credit data and financial statements
Assessing credit applications
Performing credit checks
Keeping aligned and informed on the NCA
Are you an energetic, driven individual who has a passion for customer services, than this position is for you.
One of the largest financial services is seeking to appoint customer services consultant for their call center.
One of the largest banking giants is currently seeking Insurance Retentions Consultants for a Migration and Retentions Campaign.
Qualifications & Experience
B.Com Honours Accounting degree
Minimum of 7 years' relevant experience
Must be able to work under pressure
* DISCLAIMER: Please visit Mirna Butler Recruitment’s official platforms (website, Facebook and LinkedIn) for reliable information about this vacancy.
My client specialising in ERP is looking for Sage 300 People Consultant to join their team. The successful candidate should be driven to succeed and strive to exceed clients requirements.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link