Finance/Accounting - Finance/Accounting Management
Country Financial Manager
Ceva Animal Health
Midrand, South Africa
An exciting opportunity exists for a finance professional to join Ceva Animal Health (Pty) Ltd as the Financial Manager. The Financial Manager will be taking full end-to-end ownership of the company's financial management.
Summary of position:
Driving & taking full ownership of the local finance organisation within Ceva South Africa, in order to support operations & business at achieving their goals. Applying group finance strategy by considering all platform challenges. Leading and monitoring implementation of, and adherence to, a high standard internal control over financial reporting, which is compliant within the Group framework. Acting as guardian of the local and Support Function rules, managing the risks and opportunities, ensuring the right tools and procedures are in place.
Ceva South Africa operates across the whole country, as well as neighbouring countries (Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Mozambique), with total sales of 15M€, and a ROP at 6M€.
The affiliate distributes mainly Ceva products (as well as a few third-party products) in the Poultry market (60% of global Ceva market) and Ruminant (35%). The volumes in the Companion animal and swine segments are smaller.
On top of the commercial activity, Ceva South Africa runs a local plant which produces local products to complete our portfolio.
Ceva South Africa employs 58 people.
The commercial organisation has new challenges, facing an unstable market, increasing competition, and a new business model launch by local management, sponsored by Ceva top management. This requires a full commitment from the financial manager to monitor, drive and support these on-going changes.
● BCom in Finance or equivalent degree (CIMA, ACCA).
● Honours degree in Financial Management will be advantageous.
● Minimum of 5 Years or more Finance Management experience.
● Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, manage and inspire others.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a
wide variety of audiences.
● MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – intermediate to advanced skills required.
● JD Edwards experience will be an advantage.
● Proven ability and tolerance for problem solving and leading in stressful crisis and
emergency situations and environments.
● Strong ability to analyse and interpret complex data and arrive at sound business
● Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Customer focus, action and results oriented, ethics and values, integrity and trust,
teamwork, leadership, negotiation and communication skills.
● Ability to influence and persuade at all levels within the organization, including
outside of direct reporting lines.
● Strong business focus and acumen.
● Vision and ability to integrate and leverage the various parts of the organization.
building capability for the future, rationalizing, and consolidating as necessary.
● Proven track record for building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
1. Financial Management (Controlling, accounting, cash and tax).
2. Risk/Opportunity Management
3. Data collection & analysis
4. Local & International compliance & Internal control
5. Ensure maintenance and development of local Tools & processes
6. Management of team of 4 accounting specialists.
Technical Competencies required:
● Risk/Opportunity (Business) Assessment
● Data Analysis & Financial Acumen
● Ceva policy & procedures
● Policy & Regulation
● Budgeting, forecasting and Business planning
● Review and Reporting
● Data Management and tools efficiency
● Compliance, RSE
Closing date for applications: 8 September 2021
Fax or e-mail applications to:
Contact: Elzet Rusch
CEVA ANIMAL HEALTH
CNR 16TH & DOUGLAS ROAD, RANJESPARK