Our client, an investment and asset management company situated in Bellville, has a vacancy in their Operation Department for an experienced Operations Analyst.
Please note that this is a one-year fixed term contract position.
Our client believes the appointment of an operations resource with appropriate experience and qualifications will allow it to support the increase in business demand.
Qualifications and experience:
- Appropriate Finance qualification – BCom (Hons) Degree preferred.
- Experience with reconciliations and cash management.
- Self-driven with 2 – 5 years’ working in operations in the fund management industry.
- Knowledge of working with custodians would be advantageous.
- Strong communicator and team player.
- Relevant computer skills and system experience. Experience in a programming language would be advantageous, but not required.
- Contribute to and promote robust operating procedures across the investment management business to create an efficient, responsive and process driven operations team.
- Improve business understanding of operations processes and procedures.
- Establish and promote enhanced business processes that ensure efficient and effective stakeholder delivery within set expectations and agreed performance standards in the area of accountability and the overall optimization of the value chain for the business, including:
- Performance of reconciliations.
- Exception handling. Investigation of significant variances and effective resolution of reconciliation breaks and ad hoc challenges.
- Monitoring of the operations mailbox and timeous execution of stakeholder requests.
- Take responsibility for daily operational activities.
- Liaise with stakeholders, run daily operational activities, receive, and execute requests
- Ensure timeous and correct recording of transactions.
- Liaise with stakeholders to keep them fully appraised of the progress of queries.
- Reconciliation of trade and fund dealing activity, corporate action and Proxy voting management, cash management and spot FX instruction, reconciliation of cash, positions, and performance.
- Share and transfer product, process, and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with internal teams to deliver required service levels.
- Ensure achievement of own performance objectives.
- Share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends, and ideas.
- Participate in own professional development and career path.
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes:
- High attention to detail is critical.
- Process driven.
- Problem solving and innovation.
- Relevant market knowledge.
- Team player.
- Relationship management and networking with stakeholders and service providers.
- Fit in with an entrepreneurial, hard-working culture.
This is one-year fixed term contract position.
Area: Bellville area, Cape Town.
Working hours: Due to processing required for meeting market deadlines, the hours of this role may start early at 7am and end earlier or start later and finish late at 7pm.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary offered: ±R21,000 per month (please indicate expected salary when submitting CV’s).
Closing date for applications: 13 May 2022
Should you fit the profile kindly apply online for this position.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks.