Our client in the Banking industry is looking for Senior BI Analysts to join their fast-growing, and exciting business.
The purpose of the role is to enable business to make better and faster decisions by utilising data and analytical skills to provide support to the wider Product Team, specified internal clients within the bank, and key business forums and committees.
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational in Grade 12 National Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering (Minimum)
- Honours Degree in Finance or Statistics (Beneficial)
- At least 5-6 years’ experience in a BI Analysis (or similar) role, including experience in and understanding of database structure design and data extraction principle, in order to come to data insights utilised by business in decision-making.
- SQL or SAS for Database Work (Queries, join tables etc.)
- Advanced Excel or Power BI (for Visualisation)
- Advanced Word
Ideal/Nice to have
- QlikView/ AWS Quick Sight / Any visualisation tool
- Visual Basic
- AWS Certified Data Analytics
- AWS Practitioner
- Business Analysis & Requirements gathering
- Financial systems & procedures
- Database design principle
- Knowledge and understanding of the Operational environment
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Take ownership and responsibility for allocated focus area
- Delivery Business requirements
- Translate business needs into data analysis and provide insights to steer decision making of the business.
- Ensure the business requirement is documented appropriately to the correct standard.
- Include projected timelines to address business need.
- Discuss business requirement and timelines with Analytics Manager to prioritise tasks.
- Prepare formal communication / feedback to stakeholders on developed report or requested analysis timeously and in an understandable format.
- Responsible to review and provide feedback on data insights generated by team members.
- Development of new report prototypes, data driven analyses and insights.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing report prototypes, data driven analyses and insights.
- Distribution of report prototypes, data driven analyses and insights to clients.
- Ensure report prototypes, data driven analyses and insights produced conform to the Data Analytics Life Cycle.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- This includes taking ownership / operating as a primary contact for internal clients on 2 or more specific process/product area/channel/divisions
- Quality Assurance
- Consistently produce business insight with pinpoint accuracy together with high quality recommendations that are ready for implementation and have direct benefit to bank
- Level of Complexity
- Level of Analysis is very complex (required to be able to join data and source information from multiple sources / processes) and develop appropriate metrics and measures on this information for analysis and interpretation which takes into account the business processes.
- Ensure adherence to best practice principles and processes
- Adhere to agreed housekeeping principles on internal folders and databases.
- Ensure regular reviews and clean-ups of own work.
- Adhere to analytics best practice to ensure continuity in all tasks.
- Assist with the establishment of processes to ensure effective resolution of all
- Analytical Skills
- Influencing Skills
- Numerical Reasoning skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Communications Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Persuading and Influencing
- Learning and Researching
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Writing and Reporting
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.