Our client in the banking industry is looking for Cyber Security Architects.
The purpose of the role is to own, analyse and architect the Cyber Security architecture in line with capability maturity models and roadmaps. Lead technical customer engagements, architecture discussions and provide subject matter expertise. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Cyber Security solutions.
- 5+ years' experience in IT related Architecture or Design
- Proven experience integrating security solutions and practices in a Windows environment
- 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Proven experience in designing and deploying Cyber security solution
- 5+ years’ experience in ITIL concepts and policies
- 3+ years’ experience in expert performance monitoring/analysis and capacity planning
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology
- Certification in ITIL
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- 5-+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position or similar
- Architecting and designing Cyber Security and Related technologies.
- Secure network architecture, identity and access management principles, and application security principles.
- Security Principles, IT Security procedures and Best Practices
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale cloud infrastructure.
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Strong design and hands on troubleshooting background on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience with authentication and Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML).
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking in cloud environments.
- Hands on development experience in relation to automation, APIs, Front End systems.
Expert knowledge of:
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and/or ECA (Event Correlation and Analysis) Systems
- Advanced Networking
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with ELK, Splunk or similar on Public Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell, Python.
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- Communications Skills
- Consultation skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Leadership Skills
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with People
Conditions of Employment
- A valid driver's license and own vehicle is required
- Contactable via own mobile phone
- Our client is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.