Role overview/purpose The Regional Sales Development Manager reports to the Head of Sales
Services and is responsible for meeting and exceeding the company’s business
development goals through the effective implementation of the company’s Motor
Dealer sales strategy in the Region, by being an active and effective member of the
Management team in crafting and executing the strategic objectives, and delivering
results by empowering their team with the means, ability and willingness to be high performing individuals.
This includes managing sales targets and relationships with targeted motor dealers
at Regional level while exhibiting the company values, of Integrity, Passion, Diversity,
Growth and Care.
Essential Requirements • Relevant tertiary / post-graduate degree
• Strong leadership skills with evidence of prior leadership ability
• Evidence of delivery in prior roles
• Strong sales acumen
• Strong and effective communicator
Experience • Minimum 7 years’ experience in a suitable sales leadership role
• Extensive experience in managing and engaging with Executives, Senior
Managers, Managers, and staff.
Key Responsibilities • Responsible for assisting the Head of Sales with developing and
implementing the company’s strategy.
• Grow the company’s new business throughout the designated region to
meet and exceed sales.
• Lead the AADS regional team in accordance with the Legitimate
Leadership philosophy (principles of care and growth), as well as all other
aspects of leadership and management applicable to leading a team
• Manage resources, including the attracting, hiring and retention of
• Responsible for planning, objective setting, contribution charters and
performance metrics for the Dealer Sales Consultants
• Ensure that there is appropriate succession planning within the company team.
• Ensure compliance with all industry related regulations / laws and best
practice corporate governance.
• Keep all relevant stakeholders informed of developments in line with the
• Ensure all employees are familiar with the strategy and their contribution
to the effective implementation of strategy
• Collaborate with, and influence, all stakeholders including the Head of
Sales, Head of business, motor dealers , internal services providers, key decision makers, and external service providers in achieving the planned
• Monitor individual dealer performance relating to volume of business,
cross-selling, loss ratios, etc, and put per-dealer plans in place to improve
• Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating
costs while maintaining quality service that is competitive, all while
delivering excellent customer support.
• Maintain the quality of products, services, customer support and level of
service in line with service level agreements and other retention
• Understand and interpret the continually changing signals both inside and
outside the company to ensure that the business responds timeously and
adequately to opportunities and threats.
• Be a role model of the company Leadership Principles and company values.
• Build sustainable relationships within the dealer industry and identify and
maximize growth opportunities.
• Recommend service and product enhancement to improve the sales
potential and customer satisfaction
• Ensure the delivery of targets through individual recognition, performance
review, people management and reward
• Keep current with economic indicators, changing trends, supply and
demand and competitors to maintain sales volume and product mix.
• Ensure the effectiveness of cross-selling activities by guiding Dealer Sales
• Review the effectiveness of long- and short-term sales strategies, and
• Provide reports and analysis relevant to the sales activity for the region.
and Skills • Functional knowledge of digital business tools.
• Ability to deal with customers at operational and executive level.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Result and action orientated.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Consultative style with influencing ability.
• High degree of emotional intelligence with strong leadership skills.
• Driven and has the ability to motivate one’s self.
• Team player.
• Ability to inspire and motivate.
• Ability to both design and implement strategic direction.
• Someone who will subscribe to the leadership framework, culture, and
values of the company
• An excellent understanding of the key operational and financial drivers of
• Excellent financial acumen.
• Business leadership skills.
• Commercially astute.
• Engaging and inspirational leader.
• Highly strategic and relational.
• Opportunity seeker.
• Ability to multitask.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Sales planning.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Emphasizing excellence.
• Profitability management.
Values The Regional Sales Development Manager will be expected to operate in line with
our company values:
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link