Department: Corporate & Institutional Banking
Job Title: Relationship Manager – Trade Finance
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of the role is to build and manage rapport with Trade Finance clients to ensure optimum customer acquisition, retention, and income generation from the bank Assets, Liability, and Cash management products.
- Achieve the commercial results of trade finance segment with dynamic management of the client portfolio and developing relationships with prospects- clients;
- Manage key customer relationships through regular contacts and visits by ensuring the effective call program is maintained on all assigned and prospect customers.
- Continuously identify and exploit cross-selling opportunities to develop client connectivity within company.
- Ensure compliance to Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money laundering (AML) requirements in all dealings with existing and potential customers.
- Instruct credit files for Trade Finance facilities and coordinate with the respective departments in accordance with the Risk Policy.
Profile of candidate
- Degree in a related area and a Master’s degree in economics, banking & finance, or MBA from a recognized University
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and working experience of trade and structured finance products to be offered to clients.
- Exposure to the syndicated loan market and good understanding of the African debt markets, with proven background in trade (structured / supply chain financing) will be of an added advantage.
- Should have a good network of key financial, corporate and trade sector professionals at international level with key focus on the African continent.
- Knowledge of country specific regulations will be a definite plus (legal, exchange control, inherent risk, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting
- Strong customer focus and ability to engage effectively with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals