Our Client, Nedbank is looking for a Specific Technology Specialist/Striata to consult on specific technology through sought after advise and deep expertise and credibility in the industry. Expert in understanding how technology is applied in the organisation and ensure all outputs are in compliance with current governance and legislation. (1 year contract).
Must have a firm grasp of object oriented programming concepts and principles and be familiar with OWASP and Secure coding standards: Perl Python, Snr PHP Java Script, JQuery Google Apps Scripts
- Consult and provide advice on the use of the specific technology. Address the needs of the bank by deploying, supporting and configuring the specific technology.
- Develop solutions using knowledge of the technology.
- Ensure ongoing availability within the SLA requirements.
- Ensure maximum exploitation of the technology features across multiple business initiatives.
- Identify further opportunities for use of the technology.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and values, leading by example.
- Identify opportunities to influence the improvement or enhancement of business processes and methodologies.
- Participate in Research and Development related to specific technology.
- Ensure alignment with emerging technologies, and impact on Nedbank technologies.
- Participation in design forums, project forums, user groups and Request For Proposal (RFP).
- Design optimal technical solution in the Nedbank technologies. Contribute expertise into a design document related to specific technology and its impact on Nedbank technology.
- Participate in proof of technology and proof of concept, with recommendations.
- Document and maintain documents relevant to specific technologies and its standards.
- Maintain technology road map in alignment with strategic IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure implementation of solution is aligned to best practice.
- Enable skilling and required corrective action taking place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes to improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses.
- Maintain up to date landscape views and technical guidelines of how specific technology is implemented at Nedbank.
- Attend technology specific industry forums and compile and present technical papers.
- Provide problem solving in high impact incidents.
- Present to stakeholders on any impact or change to specific technology.
- Engage with vendors related to specific technologies.
- Present on the exploitation of the technology.
- Become a trusted consultant by providing trustworthy information and acknowledging if advice cannot be provided.
- Expand IP beyond own technology speciality. Review Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensure delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned to support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Contribute to the content of the curricula for stakeholders.
- Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place.
- Grow the profession through technical mentoring.
- Review vendor training offerings. Ensure the continuity of the technical specialist pipeline.
- 5 - 7 years experience in an IT environment of which at least 2 years in a senior role from feeding career streams and at least 3-5 years specialisation in the specific technology
- Devops tools (e.g. Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, RunDeck etc. Excellent Linux environment knowledgeFamiliar with Windows environment (5 years’ experience)
- SQL & MySQL experience (1-2 years’ experience)
- Apache & IIS experience (At least 2 years’ experience)
- Advanced GIT Use
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Bachelor of Science: Information Technology
- Accredited where formal expert certification on technology is available FPL or JMP or equivalent )
Type of Exposure
- Achieved transformation and innovation results
- Built and maintained stakeholder relationships
- Client and Relationship Results
- Completed Reports and Achieved Budgets
- Designed Workforce Planning Solutions
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Manage internal process
- Managed Process Results
- Managed Relationships
- Managed Self and Team
- Supported Transformation, Change and continued Improvement
Technical / Professional Knowledge
Banking knowledge, Business Acumen, Business principles, Change management, Industry trends, Principles of financial management, Principles of project management, Research methodology, Business writing skills, Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Relevant governing body practises and guidelines, Product trends, Compliance of license contracts knowledge, Mentoring, Industry best practise frameworks, Business consulting and facilitation, Relevant Governance controls and regulatory knowledge, Information Technology concepts, System Development Life cycle(SDLC), Role relevant related technologies, Service orientated Architecture (SOA), Systems design, Knowledge of specific technology, Single technology, Object Orientation (Devlopers), IT Solutions Architecture, IT Infrastructure Architecture
Applied Learning, Decision Making, Innovation, Stress Tolerance, Driving for results, Quality Orientation
All applications to be sent directly or to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not received a response from us in 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.