- Relevant University Degree required.
- Financial qualifications i.e., CA(SA) required.
- Internal auditor qualifications (CIA) would be advantageous.
- Internal Audit experience in Banking - a minimum of 5 years required.?
- Experience in executing and managing Internal Financial Controls, IFRS 9, Business as Usual and Treasury/Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) reviews – a minimum of 5 years required.
- Experience in analysing risk, and its impact on the internal control environment and the financial, strategic and operational objectives of financial institutions required.
- Thorough understanding of internal control and related internal audit methodologies and techniques.
- A professional manner that will reflect positively on Internal Audit and ability to function under stress and/or possible conflicting professional opinions.
- Strong values and ethics and ability to maintain professional independence and objectivity and act based on personal professional conviction and confidence.