Our Client in the financial services sector is looking for a Senior Financial Officer for Sandton offices. The position is a contract position with highly negotable salary. The candidate must be immediately available.
To generate; analyse and report reliable; meaningful financial and non-financial information to support the requirements and decision making of the business; in line with Company strategy.
- Forecast and predict monthly flash report towards end of every month by analysing trends and cost drivers.
- Generate and compare flash results performance to various budget figures and measure growth against previous periods by performing a variance analysis.
- Provide formal commentary and interpretation on financial information to stakeholders through variance analysis.
- Prepare adhoc reports by gathering information from various sources and analyse and interpret the data.
- Align reporting information to business changes by verifying and updating structural changes.
- Forecast annual staff costs and head count management through staff run rate report.
- Manage the cost of footprint roll-out by monitoring and reporting actual spend against budget.
- Conduct (plan, implement, monitor and adjust)financial planning process which includes annual budget, 3 year plans and quarterly forecasts by looking at trends, initiatives, distribution and cost drivers.
- Prepare financial, non-financial and adhoc reports to various stakeholders on monthly basis by gathering information from various sources and analyse and interpret the data.
- Train and upskill new and existing stakeholders on financial management through one on one meetings and training sessions.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on profitability by extracting information from various sources, interpreting and track on monthly basis.
- Align the Region's strategy to the Bank's strategy through business planning and stakeholder engagement.
- Prepare and present the monthly Opcom pack to the Regional Manco and Exco Team for Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Train and upskill new and existing line managers on financial management through one on one meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure that reporting deadlines are met to the finance team and stakeholders by adhering to set deadlines.
- Branch Administration Centres to ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
- Manage, track and reconcile spend on training, local area marketing and donations to ensure compliance with relevant department's policies and/or standards.
- Manage closed branches and adherence to process by engaging with various stakeholders (operations, capex, channel infrastructure) to minimise risk of possible fraud and losses.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Company Culture building initiatives by engaging in staff surveys etc.
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
- Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Preferred Qualification
- Bachelor of Commerce: Honours - Accounting
- Essential Certifications
- Type of Exposure
- Checking accuracy of reports and rec
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Sharing information in different ways to increase internal stakeholders understanding
- Communicating internally and external
- Tracking cost against a budget
- Drafting reports
- Communicating internally. Managing customer expectations Working in a team
- Working in a fast-paced environment; meeting deadlines
- Working with spreadsheets
- Interacting with diverse people and cross-functional groups
Minimum Experience Level
3 - 5 years in financial management preferably in the financial services industry.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Behavioural Competencies
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
All applications to be sent directly or to email@example.com. If you have not received a response from us in 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.