Overall Purpose of the Role:
To perform and manage the day to day operational activities within the Payment Operations team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Payment Operations, the candidate will work closely with Leaders
within TYME and the broader Bank to drive outstanding execution, critical to the success of
TymeBank’s business strategy. The impact of this role will be felt across multiple product lines. We
are to detect and prevent fraud, mismanagement of funds and ensuring the Bank’s funds are
accounted for at all times, inbound and outbound.
The role involves many functions ranging from:
• supervision of the department and related functions,
• daily settlement reconciliation,
• internal account reconciliation,
• investigation and resolution of customer disputes, and transaction exceptions,
• providing excellent customer service to bank customers, participant banks, associations,
internal and external customers.
• Production of weekly and monthly statistics.
• Co-ordination and participation in testing of new functionality affecting the Payment
• Instinctively understand what constitutes a well-controlled payment function (limits,
authorizations, purpose of checks (integrity and security)
• Manage exceptions daily, to avoid all unnecessary losses.
• Ensure that all process changes and new processes are implemented and adhered to.
• Share knowledge and assist in training of new team members.
• Involvement in all payments related systems testing for all enhancements and new systems.
Manage the risk associated with Financial Processing by adhering to all process and
procedures in place and ensuring that all Suspense Account reconciliation and monitoring is
• Support effective business continuity management.
• Ensure proper enforcement and management of policy frameworks related to payment
• Limit / prevent all potential losses to the bank by ensuring that laid-down instructions are
adhered to in all areas of operations.
• Build and maintain sound, supportive working relationships with internal and external
stakeholders e.g. IT, Risk, Payments etc. as well as with external vendors / suppliers.
• Minimum of 2-year experience in a Payment Operations / EFT environment.
• MS Office suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
• Full computer literacy
• Relevant diplomas, certificates or completed training courses in Banking
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link