The Manager Credit Risk is responsible for applying sound credit risk management principles to reduce the segment's impairment charge with the view to rehabilitate client accounts.
A leading South African bank that sets itself apart through excellent client service, digital advancement and lived internal values is seeking to appoint a MANAGER CREDIT RISK in Gauteng.
- Give an overview of the book by developing and preparing portfolio review presentations based on MIS.
- Draft monthly business reports
- Manage reports through early actioning of exceptions.
- Manage and rehabilitate clients by getting backward roll on arrears
- Identify systems and process improvement initiatives by escalating for decisions to relevant stakeholders.
- Make correct credit decisions on a consistent basis first time round by complying to service level agreements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of client needs by providing feedback on application decisions based on risk appetite.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders through regular information sharing.
- Analyse client information to assess level of risk by interpreting financial information within the ambit of banking regulations.
- Implement sound credit risk management by providing advice on specialized credit risk matters to sales and direct reports
Qualifications and Experience requirements:
- Matric + BCom/ Btech/ Credit Diploma
- 5 years experience in a credit or credit risk role within banking
- Technical: Financial Accounting principles, management information & reporting, strategic planning, client service management and business administration.
- Profile: analytical, high-energy, client-centric, determined and solution oriented.
This role will suit a technically capable Credit Risk analyst or credit analyst ready for the next step in their credit career. Someone who enjoys the detail and close contact with clients required for success in the credit rehabilitation space.