Competencies – What are the specific key competencies required?
- Min 8 years development experience
- Strong C# .Net Core experience and understanding
- Experience with various database paradigms, particularly relational. (PostgreSQL and MongoDB experience advantageous)
- Practical experience and knowledge in AWS highly advantageous
- Deep knowledge of best practices (design, performance, and security) relating to REST APIs
- A pragmatic understanding and real-world experience of OOP, SOLID, and Clean Code principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Good understanding of scrum and agile practices
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to work with new methodologies and technologies
- Passion for producing quality, pragmatic software.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Pipelines, Terraform, Helm, etc.
- Experience in Elasticache, Redis, Kafka
- Experience with microservices and containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in various Testing approaches and paradigms
- Exposure to Banking industry. Experience in Open Banking standards highly advantageous
Outputs – What are the key performance areas and daily responsibilities?
- Build and maintain software components according to Absa and industry best practices, across multiple projects
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements
- Analyse, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications
- Proactively participate in the growth and Continuous Improvement of your team, through self-learning, team code reviews, mentoring juniors, and so on.
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments
- Work closely with and support our product stakeholders (which includes other Absa development teams as well as Absa’s clients and partners) to promote and educate, and thereby further the success of the Absa Access API Gateway.