PBT Group has an opportunity for a Data Analyst / BI Specialist.
- To support business decisions through compiling data into reports using client requirements as a filter for processing relevant data.
- To visualise data and share insights across the organisation allowing business to make timely and informed decisions.
- Design, development and deployment of reporting and analytical solutions
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of BI/reporting and analytical tools
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing best practices
- In depth knowledge of BI environments, solutions and implementations (end-to-end BI architecture and technologies)
- Expert in the field of BI development (reports, dashboards, data visualisation, etc.)
- Knowledge of both waterfall and agile development approaches.
- A good understanding of design and user experience principles
- Language: SQL
- Agile principles
- 3 yrs + Implementing innovative BI solutions leading to clear business decisions and benefits.
- Applying BI best practice.
- SQL Query writing
- 3 yrs working with visualisation tools
- Product development life cycle
Ideal Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Banking data and analytics landscape.
- Analysis/report development in a financial/banking environment.
- Front End Development practice and service
- Build relationships with and collaborate in order to work with the BIBAs and Data Analysts to analyse and recommend solutions to meet business requirements.
- Establish effective and collaborative partnerships with relevant business teams where required in order to understand the context of the reporting requirements.
- Work closely with both clients and internal, cross-functional teams so that report delivery and requirements are met on time and to standard
- Assist the BIBA where required to facilitate dialogue between internal and external clients and teams and communicate technical information, functionality, as well as limitations to non-technical clients.
- Remain current with industry trends and thought leadership on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, BI architecture and technologies
- Liaise with Front End OR Information Development Guild team members to knowledge share and improve and develop the front end development OR information development standards and practices within the Guild.
- Provide input, insights and experiences, including completion of Growth IPAs (GIPA’s,) to the Guild in order to contribute to its progression and growth.
- Report development and delivery.
- Deliver quality and timely front end OR information development requirements through applying and following agile processes (planning, ceremonies, Jira.)
- Liaise with the BIBA (Business Information Business Analyst) to gather information and fully understand the reporting requirement of the business client.
- Provide input into the impact analysis for new business information solutions including detailed development estimates, the technical feasibility of and risks associated with each solution design/project.
- Execute the information delivery cycle: design, develop and implement information and analytical capabilities for the client
- Receive business requirement document; detailed description of required fields etc.
- Determine visualisation tool (i.e. best for end user)
- Receive data and produce front end / information artifact.
- Ensure adherence to internal architecture and data integration standards as well as the long term information and analytics strategy.
- Test solutions (unit testing) and verify that it meets business, functional and technical specifications, including peer testing.
- Make modifications to existing information and analytical solutions to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Confirm and agree sign off of information and analytical solution requirement with the BIBA.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent