- Big Data team is responsible for the operational and technical support of the Big Data platform.
- The platform includes Hadoop (Cloudera), ingestion and streaming (Nifi and Kafka) and is deployed both on premise (currently) and as hybrid cloud platform (planned).
Project Deliverables, Responsibilities and Activities:
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of the Cloudera and related Linux-based software components of the Big Data platform in support of business processing requirements and operating and service level agreements and in accordance with established routines.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and operation of the Big Data platform, including health checks, backup and recovery, archiving, disaster recovery procedures, user access management and capacity & performance monitoring.
- Responsible for the authorisation and monitoring of access to computers, software services and infrastructure comprising the Big Data platform in accordance with established organisational policy. Includes investigation of unauthorised access, and the performance of other administrative duties relating to security management.
- Supporting platform users and developers interacting with the platform in troubleshooting, performance tuning and application design and deployment.
The skills needed are.
- Linux, possibly shell scripting.
- A bit of Postgres
- Rudimental Python
- Hadoop knowledge