National retail giant is looking for a well seasoned Accountant for their Port Elizabeth operation.
Detailed Job Description of what the successful candidate will be required to do:
Managing, mentoring, training and assisting bookkeepers.
- Motivating bookkeepers.
- Managing electronic banking payments.
- Managing clients’ deliverables, client expectations and meeting deadlines and deliverables to clients.
- Addressing client queries, staff queries and other internal queries and requests for information.
- Checking salaries, incentives and locum salaries.
- Reviewing stores processing done by the bookkeepers.
- Reviewing management accounts after review of the bookkeeper files.
- Resolving queries with SARS.
- Working knowledge of provisional taxes, employee’s taxes, IT14SD recons, dividends tax, VAT.
- Working knowledge of audits (from client’s perspective)
- Experience with e-filing, electronic banking (including administrator role)
- Cash flows / business plans
- Working knowledge of statutory requirements for companies.
Minimum required skills, experience and/or qualification:
- B Com Accounting degree (as a minimum)
- Member of SAIPA would be an advantage
- Strong Pastel and Microsoft office skills (excel and word)
- Experience of managing 5 plus staff
- High level of accuracy, structure and neatness
- Works well within a structured environment
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines