SENIOR COMMERCIAL FINANCIAL ANALYST
Purpose of the Job:
To perform commercial reporting analysis and by providing in-depth financial analysis for the purpose of strategic and tactical decision-making. As the company goes through capitalisation the Senior Financial Analyst will perform a significant role in helping the company execute financial analysis and investment functions to maximize profits. It is an important part of the company's governance and EPMO process to evaluate company projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Business Case Preparation and Evaluation
- Prepare business cases for company initiatives that are key to the operational plan of the company- engage with relevant executives and agree scope and expected outputs of the project- define project plan for relevant departmental team and provide close oversight and coaching in achieving objectives. Present results to Commercial Finance management and Executive Management in relevant department.
- Responsible for the financial analysis and evaluation of project-based investment opportunities on emerging innovation and corporate development opportunities.
- Evaluate projects and business cases relevant to all functional areas of the company, submitted to Finance department for approval, considering its strategic and financial implications to the company, and prepare its financial evaluation (cost of capital, financing mix, cash flows, NPV) by applying capital budgeting analysis.
- Define and explain inputs (revenue, costs and profit estimates) required from each department and engage with respective departments in developing accurate business cases to approve or reject project initiatives.
- Assist in the development of financial models incorporating key activity drivers that substantiate financial results (income, investment, expenses, cash flow etc.)
- Developing financial models through benchmarking and process analysis to determine profitability of products
- Prepare financial analyses (including financial models), aimed at understanding the current and expected performance of various products, promotions, and deals.
- Product profitability, sensitivity, and scenario analysis
- Identifying areas of commercial risk and opportunity, through financial analysis and insight, ensuring these are swiftly identified and acted on by the business functions.
- Develop and provide regular reporting and presentations to monitor performance against business case objectives.
- Review the financial reports, identifying and correcting inconsistencies between different data sources, identifying trends, providing appropriate commentary, and ensuring an appropriate level of insight on the performance of the company
- Product, and Profitability deep dives to provide management with detailed analysis and feedback.
Finance Business Partner Support
- Improving the understanding of the impact of financial business decisions on business performance and company outcomes.
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial, and financial targets are delivered.
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders their teams.
- BCom Hons in Economics (with strong accounting background) with coding experience OR
- BCom Hons Accounting Finance/Financial Management with coding experience OR
- BCom Hons Data Analytics/Engineering/Statistics/Applied mathematics with experience
- Min of 5 – 6 years’ experience in financial management environment, including project evaluation or Corporate Finance.
- Inclusive of 3 years data/financial analytics experience