Financial Accountant (JB1835)
R30 – 40 000 per month, CTC
Accounting firm with expertise in financial reporting, taxation, audit and corporate finance advisory services is sourcing a Financial Accounting to join their team, to provide consulting expertise to small and mid-tier businesses.
- BCom Accounting Degree or Equivalent in Finance or Accounting. Professional registration and/or a post-graduate business qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years post-graduate experience with a proven track record in finance, auditing and administration functions.
- Strong accounting, auditing, financial and analytical skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Proven leadership and team building skills, the ability to build consensus and rally support around common goals, proven negotiation and mediation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software (SAGE, QuickBooks, Xero, Draft Worx and CaseWare)
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to make well informed decisions
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skill
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements (trial balance, general ledger accounts, income statement, balance sheet and cashflow statement)
- Oversees audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepares reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- Review automated audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the department's methodology.
- Preparation of annual budget and forecast
- Provides leadership, direction and management to the finance team.
- Ensure timeous and accurate submission of all relevant tax returns to the South African Revenue Service
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.