- To ensure that the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures are being implemented. To verify the validity, completeness, integrity, and accuracy of financial information for both revenue and expenditure.
- Deliver a strategic partnership to the business: -
- Analyse financial information
- Provide robust financial control to optimise performance for decision making
- Act as a strategic advisor to the business
- Seek new opportunities for the business to become efficiency focused, i.e. agile decisions, automation of processes, digital footprint opportunities on a proactive basis
- B.Com degree
- Honours would be an advantage
- 5 years plus within Financial Environment
- Strong Excel Skills
- 2 years plus Oracle experience in Fixed Assets and Leases
- Previous Telecommunication industry experience an advantage
Key Performance Objectives
Cost of sales activities
- Identify the relevant sources to account for relevant cost of sales items.
- Define specific information required from sources to account for costs in accordance with IFRS.
- Implement the processes required to produce cost/revenue information on a monthly basis.
- Identify, implement and perform required controls in the processes to ensure accurate information is produced on a monthly basis.
- Determine and implement control indicators to validate monthly information during the reporting cycles.
- Communicate accrued amounts to the Business Partners and/or vendors for invoicing.
- Review accuracy and allocation of invoices that were allocated
Month end closing and reporting activities
- Investigate any possible over/under accruals and amend future calculations methods, processes or information to ensure accurate accruals. Liaise with the business partner on this process
- Ensure all reversing journals reversed correctly from previous month.
- Validate monthly information received by reviewing control indicators.
- Identify any discrepancies and investigate the root cause with source systems
- Calculate unearned revenue release or deferral at month end.
- Calculate and account for any relevant discounts.
- Review reconciliations for all revenue and expense accounts
- Investigate any discrepancies and alert Financial Reporting team with any late adjustments to revenue figures and/or cost figures
- Balance intercompany before trial balance close deadline.
- Analyze current month revenue and cost numbers against budget and prior month figures.
- Provide logical explanations for movements against budget and prior month figures.
- Populate supporting information relating to revenue and cost drivers.
- Perform/review reconciliations for relevant General Ledger accounts
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are accounted for all balances are accurate
- Ensure that write offs are done timeously
- Review all supplier reconciliations
- Review all customer reconciliations
- Evaluate the need of official processes/procedures for the tasks under responsibility and implement them with the collaboration of Continuous Engineering
- Annual assessment of the written procedures/ instructions with the need of the activity and eventually promote the updates on the system
- Perform detailed analysis for all relevant section in terms of performance against budget and prior month figures
- Intercompany information
- IFRS disclosure tables under responsibility
- Other specific reports, e.g.
- Roll-forwards for assets and liabilities
- Financial year end disclosure requirements
Cost Savings / Efficiency Focus
- Identify cost saving initiatives and advise business and senior management of these
Perform any other related duties as requested by Management