Junior Bookkeeper/ Accountant
A well-established accounting firm in Rivonia is on the lookout for a Junior Bookkeeper to join their rockstar team! You will be responsible to manage and grow your own portfolio of accounting clients within the firm.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Higher Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years' in the accounting sector
- Proficiency with XERO, Sage One or any cloud-based software would be advantageous
- At least three years’ experience in the field of bookkeeping or accounting.
- Well-spoken and fluent in English (writing and speaking).
- Payroll knowledge would be beneficial for this position.
- Experience with SARS e-filling would be beneficial
- Manage a book of at least 8 clients
Duties and responsibilities
- Day-to-day bookkeeping tasks for a portfolio of clients.
- Daily data capturing on an accounting software (mainly Xero).
- Reconciling of bank accounts.
- Reconciling of supplier statements/accounts.
- Maintaining fixed asset registers.
- Reconciling the VAT control account (where applicable).
- Accounting to trail balance.
- Reconciling the payroll control account.
- Assisting in compliance submissions to SARS.
- Assisting in resolving SARS matters.
- Assisting with client queries.
R 15 000 – R 21 000 CTC (Negotiable)