A large and highly reputable group has a need for a competent and experienced accountant at their offices in Houghton, Gauteng. This role sits within their training and learnership business, which forms part of a well-known and reputable group operating in the Cash in Transit and Cash Processing services, with large banking shareholders.
The ideal candidate will preferably have a relevant finance qualification and completed SAIPA, SAICA or CIMA articles. Eligibility or registration at a professional body will be an added advantage. A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience is required.
This is a good opportunity for a candidate having completed articles, or with a few years post-articles experience, to join a growing business in commerce in a finance role with some operational exposure. On the job training will also be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture all transactions from the bank statements on Sage/Xero.
- Perform Bank reconciliations.
- Capture and reconcile all credit card transactions on the financial system (Sage/Xero) and ensure supporting documents are filed.
- Processing, reconciliation and management of the accounts payable function.
- Processing, reconciliation and management of the accounts receivable function.
- Generate quotes, invoices and responsible for communication and management around these processes.
- Compile monthly revenue reconciliation
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Compile relevant and requested operational reports for input into management accounting pack.
- Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Revenue Reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit monthly statutory reports, i.e., VAT, EMP, SDL, WCA, etc.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Assist with inventory reconciliations, accounting of inventory and follow up of discrepancies.
- Perform weekly cash flow projections for review by MD and auditors.
- Suggest and make improvements to internal controls.
- Various reports as required.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree, certificate or diploma in accounting, finance or similar.
- Completed SAICA, SAIPA or CIMA articles preferred.
- AGA(SA), PA(SA) or similar professional qualification an advantage.
- Qualification by experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- MS Excel skills essential.
- R20,000 to R30,000 pm, negotiable on experience.