Finance Clerk (JB1820)
Companies with Property, Leases and or Tenants
1. Ensure the Lease Registers are in place with valid and current leases.
2. Drafting lease agreements as and when required.
3. Ensure monthly billings / revenue schedules are updated / signed off for invoicing.
4. Perform the debtors’ functions, including but not limited to:
4.1 Invoicing tenants.
4.2 Preparing debtors’ reconciliations.
4.3 Preparing debtors age analysis weekly and monthly.
4.4 Presenting weekly and monthly debtors age analysis reporting to Management.
4.5 Debt collecting and profiling all overdue accounts with course of action to recover.
4.6 Drafting and issuing legal documents to overdue tenants (AOD’s and LOD’s)
4.7 Communicating and liaising with property management and tenants.
4.8 Processing authorised credit notes and or AJE’s
5. Perform the creditors’ functions, including but not limited to:
5.1) Processing invoices.
5.2) Processing creditor payments (Operational, Monthly).
5.3) Preparing monthly creditor age analysis and all credit balances.
5.4) Preparing creditor reconciliations to creditors statement.
5.5) Updating relevant expense analysis, liabilities & accrual schedules.
Companies with Bank Accounts
1. Processing bank statements and cash book entries, daily, weekly and monthly
2. Preparing monthly cash books and bank reconciliations.
3. Preparing daily bank balances for cash flow requirements.
4. Loading creditors details on banking.
5. Loading supplier payments on banking.
6. Loading of petty cash payments as and when received.
7. Monthly petty cash reconciliations.
8. Monthly fuel recon and top-up.
9. Attending to ad hoc / urgent payments as and when received from management.
1. Maintenance of VAT register.
2. Bi-monthly VAT reconciliations.
3. Compiling VAT returns on SARS e-filing.
4. Uploading of supporting documents on SARS for any verifications.
5. Follow up with SARS on queries, payments and refunds.
1. Monthly reconciliation of intercompany loan accounts between all entities.
2. Ensure that all related party loan accounts agree at the relevant year ends.
3. Maintenance of various registers i.e., accounting fees, VAT, property, fixed assets, etc.
4. Filing of all documentation / maintaining Finance shared drive.
5. Processing on Pastel to Trial Balance.
6. Analysis of general ledgers and reconciliations.
7. Assisting with audits (audit queries, audit packs, CAS) and drafting of AFS / Manaccs
8. Assisting Management with ad hoc requests, tasks or queries
1) Matric with accounting qualification or studying towards one
2) Minimum 2 years working experience in finance
3) Finance software packages - Pastel and CaseWare an advantage
4) Perform all debtors, creditors and cashbook functions and month end reconciliations
5) Vat reconciliations and compiling Vat returns
6) Ability to process to trail balance and assist with the drafting of management accounts, financial statements and audits
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link