General Engineering Supervisor
Thursday, 29 April 2021
Engineering - Plant/Maintenance Engineering
Job summary - Management of Site, supervision and coordination of personnel and subcontractors, reporting of all site activities and managing the quality of work performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of the operational costs and ensure adherence to the prescribed budget
- Resolve problems utilising acquired knowledge and analytical abilities
- Plan, organise, communicate and monitor the production process.
- Manage the Production Activities and Operations
- Manage individual and team performance
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and report on areas of improvement.
- Ensure task performance in line with production requirements.
- Adhere to organisational safety and Quality requirements and procedures
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
- Matric or equivalent
- N4 or higher in mechanical or electrical Engineering qualification
- Trade test in a relevant field is a must
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as General Engineering Supervisor
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Engineering Foreman in a shaft/services/winders environment