CHIEF SCIENTIST: EXTERNAL BALLISTICS AND FIRE CONTROL SYSTEMS
Bridge Personnel Concepts
Monday, 29 March 2021
Engineering - Plant/Maintenance Engineering
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Leads the technical group responsible for external ballistics.
• Client liaison regarding ballistic software interfaces with in-service artillery fire control systems.
• Maintenance and updating of ballistic base line files for ammunitions.
• Maintenance and updating external ballistic software that is required to do fire predictions and software implementation in client weapons.
• Failure investigations on ammunition, which might be related to external ballistics. (Artillery, mortars, 40mm and 76mm).
• Attendance of dynamic tests at Alkantpan and other test ranges to do fire predictions and ballistic support.
• Ballistic support to marketers and project managers.
• MSc or PhD in Applied Mathematics/Physics
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of artillery fire control systems.
• Experience in ballistic support on test ranges/facilities
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in external ballistic modelling (3DOF, 5DOF, 6DOF)
• Strong computer and coding skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Highly organized and self-motivated.
Applications can be forwarded to : firstname.lastname@example.org