RESONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Identify opportunities for new products
- Research materials, design and manufacturing techniques
- Sketch drafts on paper or digitally
- Use 3D modelling software to design products and components
- Generate all documents required for manufacturing of the products designed
- Generate all documents required for fitment of the products designed
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Improve the design of existing products
- Where possible, gather feedback from product user
- Ensure CAD files are kept up to date and managed using SolidWorks PDM
- Create accurate BOMs. Ensures BOMs are always kept up to date
- Capture and document all lessons learned during the design & development cycle
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Develop test prototypes.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Supervise the manufacturing process of all designs.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department.
- Solidworks (Must)
- Sheet Metal Design (Must)
- Part Modelling Design
- Assembly Design
- Understanding Of Manufacturing Processes
- Min 5yrs SolidWorks Experience
- Min N5 Mechanical Engineering Or Equivalent