SENIOR HSE SPECIALIST - Zimbabwe
- Candidate should be a Zimbabwean citizen
- Preferably living in Zimbabwe, as this where the role is based.
- Candidate must be fluent in English and Shona
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Health, safety & environmental or any relevant field required
- At least 3-5 years of Experience working with Oil and gas companies is a MANDATORY
- Holder of a NEBOSH International General Certificate / Diploma preferred
- Thorough understanding of regulations and the regulatory process.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Knowledge in dangerous goods management required
- Good knowledge/experience with external audits (A lead auditor qualification will be an advantage)
Additional skills that will give advantage to the applicant
- Training/Certification in dangerous goods storage, transportation
- Knowledge / Experience in chemical management
- Awareness in management of radioactive material
Description of Duties (Overview)
- Provides general assistance to implement HSE program requirements within the HSE Management System
- Ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace, and a Safety Culture exists
- Ensure employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices.
- Assist to implement programs, solutions and changes to adjust HSE processes, systems and standards to achieve a workplace free of incidences.
- Assist in the upgrading of assigned facility for operations readiness, by ensuring all facility HSE requirements are met.
- Oversee contractors’ works on site and ensure a permit to work is issued for all contractors on a daily basis and that all controls are in place.
- Prepare and conduct weekly HSE meetings (prepare slides taking into account current activities and issues)
- Participate in daily meetings in workplace and discuss key HSE issues as required - Conduct incident investigations as required
- Conduct HSE inductions for visitors, contractors and employees.
- Conduct detailed HSE orientation as per the new hire induction slides Check quality of PPE in use in facility and all operations
- Implement all HS&E procedures as defined by HS&E Management System
- Inspect all workshops on a monthly basis and upload action audit/inspection in Gensuite
- Ensure all facilities contractors work activities are completed only after risk assessments are conducted and work permits issued
- Act as an MCO (Malaria Control Officer) and manage Malaria Control Program
- Acts as a Radioactive Safety Officer, handling licenses of radioactive material
- (Will NOT work with radioactive material)
- Maintain HSE training completion at 100% at all times
- Ensure full implementation of Driver and Vehicle safety procedures
- Verify that all Field employees have undergone Medical checks
- Ensure that the yearly medical check-up is done for all employees
- Represent Company HSE in Customer meetings and external audits
- Other assignment as required