- Reading and interpreting blueprints, design schematics, and CAD drawings.
- Visualizing and computing metal shapes and tolerances.
- Designing jigs and templates as work aids in the fabrication of parts.
- Measuring and marking metal stock for machining.
- Setting up machine tools such as drills, lathes, grinders, and milling machines.
- Cutting and shaping blocks to specified dimensions.
- Filling, grinding, and shimming metals to ensure a smooth finish.
- Fitting and assembling tools and die parts.
- Inspecting finished dies and tools for defects, smoothness, and contour deformities.
- Conducting test runs with completed tools and dies.
Trade Test: Tool, Jig and Die Maker