The primary function of this position is to plan, manage, schedule, coordinate and supervise all maintenance staff; ensuring that the work is delivered on time and within budget constraints. Manage equipment and spares required. Ensuring that all quality and legal regulations are implemented and complete all necessary documentation.
- Diploma/ Degree in engineering or related field.
- 5 Years' experience in a managerial role preferably with a background in Food and Beverage Manufacturing / Cheese production and Milk / UHT.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify downtime root causes and implement preventative maintenance programs to eliminate downtime causes, attaining budget availability.
- Improve engineering availability.
- Develop a preventative maintenance strategy to improve plant reliability and availability.
- Ensure compliance with legally required equipment inspections.
- Assist with NCR completion rate.
- Keep track of maintenance history and take measurements to optimize machine efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to Occupational Health and Safety Act and Food System Certification 22000.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of artisans and develop programs for multiskilling.
- Manage maintenance service level contractors and engineering service providers.
- Maintain and improve inter-departmental service delivery.
- Manage quality of service through Mean-time-to repair (MTTR) and Mean-time-before-failure (MTBF).
- Support production departments to achieve overall equipment efficiencies.
- Manage repair and maintenance costs and inventory levels of spares to remain within budget and ensure projects are completed within timelines.
Ref Code: MAINTC
Location: Coega, EC
Career Level: Mid-career
Industry: Food and Beverage Manufacturing
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications