The Financial Manager’s responsibility is to ensure that the integrity and quality of financial information and systems are of such that it presents timeous, effective and informative contributions to the decision-making processes within the company, complying with the high standards as set out by the company requirements. The Financial Manager is also responsible for the management of the complete financial cycle.
- Cash management
- Overseeing the full creditors & debtor’s department and function
- Authorizing & maintaining BEE accredited suppliers
- Overseeing PAYE & VAT reconciliations for SARS
- Overseeing the Debtors, Creditors, Bank, Salary, Stock & Petty Cash reconciliations
- Authorizing of supplier & cash payments
- Overseeing & authorizing any journals relating to the finance department
- Compiling of the monthly financials
- Overseeing the renewal & maintenance of the rental fleet vehicles
- In charge of the annual audit
- Maintaining internal controls to ensure compliance with financial legislation
- Maintaining the financial information systems
- Make sure that each objective set to the team is achieved and measured and assess
performance of your team on a half yearly basis
- Lead, Motivate, develop and direct your team, making sure that they are adequately equipped to perform their job roles and responsibilities.
- Make sure that your team is provided the necessary training needed in order to complete their role successfully to their maximum potential.
- Implement development programs that increase awareness and performance of your direct team
- Develop a team plan / KPI’s to ensure that all team members follow an agreed strategy and that customer satisfaction is improved
Education/Qualification, Skills and Experience
Skills & Competencies
- A high level of communication skills, both written and oral.
- A high level of interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to plan and delegate assignments
- Ability to think beyond the immediate problem an employee may have.
- Problem solving and solution implementation
- Ability to motivate and inspire.
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving
- Be able to work long hours under pressure, in order to meet deadlines
- Decision making ability
Experience (experience required for the job)
Entry level CA