A global leader in the packaging industry is seeking the above to maintain installed equipment, install new equipment, and actively participate in the resolution of equipment breakdowns or related issues, including maintenance and service planning.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a 3-year Trade tested Millwright N6 (Red Seal), ND in Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering with hands on experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience will be required
- Previous electrical, mechanical and pneumatic experience in a production plant is essential
- Work experience as an Instrumentation Fitter with low-current systems installations would be ideal
- Must have PLC experience and FMCG experience will be advantageous
- Must have analytical skills to follow logic of electronic circuits and interface with software
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
- Operating, fault-finding and repairing all electrical equipment and manufacturing lines, auxiliary equipment, power supply networks and lighting of the factory.
- Providing a full technical service on a planned maintenance basis in respect of all equipment installations in working hours and after hours.
- Performing root cause analysis and resolving breakdowns or improvements in maintenance.
- Taking part in electrical installation and commissioning during modernization and reconstruction of production lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Conducting spare parts stock takes and ensuring communication to reorder when stock parts are used.
- Ensuring that the required spare parts are available before servicing of equipment is conducted.
- Troubleshooting technical equipment problems and providing technical guidance where necessary.
- Completing Job Cards and updating information accordingly in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the administration and documentation aspects of the maintenance department ensuring records are kept up to date and communicated to all concerned.
- Ensuring good knowledge in electrical engineering, automation, fundamentals of industrial electronics.
- Diagnosing problems in the operation of technological and auxiliary production equipment units.
- Carrying out repairs of various types of electric motors, with the use of measuring instruments.
- Reading basic electrical diagrams of various electrical appliances and automation devices.
- Initiating technical service reports identifying technical deviations and initiating necessary actions.
- Ensuring all maintenance activities meet EHS and Quality requirements set by the company and that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring all certification, including ISO and BRC are met and maintained.
- Conducting risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Complying to electrical safety and requirements of SANS 10142-1 Ed 2 ‘living document’ as required by the OHS Act.
Please note that subsequent to the screening and shortlisting process, all further communication will be entered into, only with the shortlisted candidates