Position: Design Engineer
Location: Pinetown, Durban
Reports To: Engineering & Business Development Executive
Purpose of the Role:
- Support of production engineering for maximization of efficiency and process uptime.
- To ensure hand overs of products, processes and documentation to production are conducted adequately communicating all critical characteristics and quality information appropriately.
- New product development to meet customer specification and comply with both internal and external systems requirements within the agreed upon timeline.
Minimum Qualifications Criteria:
- BTech in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience with IATF Core Tools
- Competent in using Microsoft Office programs
- Competent in using 3D CAD Modeling Software
- Basic manufacturing process knowledge & experience, i.e. CNC Tube & Plate bending, Laser cutting, robotics (welding, plasma cutting, polishing).
- Basic skills in Project Management is a requirement
- Product Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Project Management
- Problem Investigation