A global player in the mining industry is looking for a General Manager to manage the day-to-day business as well as drive new business development. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress in their careers as there is a succession plan in place for taking on the role of Managing Director.
Salary is market-related and negotiable.
- Management of employees.
- Sustaining current market position and growing market share.
- Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
- Supporting Sales Teams and Key Account Managers in retention of existing clients.
- Defining long-term strategic goals and developing clear plans to implement them.
- Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
- Anticipate client needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Reporting to the Managing Director and Board of Directors.
- Engineering Degree essential
- A qualification in Operations Management, Business Administration or Business Management an advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior business management role in an Engineering / Manufacturing company
- Experience in dealing with the mining industry would be an advantage
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Solid presentation skills and ability to explain complex processes to an audience
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.