Qualifications and Skills • Grade 12
• Technical diploma will be an advantage
• Computer literate
Experience • 3 years Calibration / Laboratory experience.
Duties • Ability to handle sensitive and expensive measuring equipment in safe and responsible manner to avoid any damage.
• Meticulously inspecting, cleaning, and recording of measuring equipment condition on receipt before calibration.
• Safe and careful operation of sensitive laboratory blackbodies, pyrometers, and other instrumentation in accordance with manufacturers operational standards.
• To perform general and routine temperature calibration verification tasks on non-contact radiometers according to standard procedures.
• Recording of calibration task instrument results, generation of result table calculations, calibration records and issuance of calibration certificates.
• Evaluation, assessment and recording of radiometer condition, firmware, and functional operation condition.
• Responsible for organising and management of smooth workflow
• Ensure that work is done in accordance with all appropriate health, safety and environmental procedures
• To carry out calibration / verification checks on laboratory apparatus as required.
• To carry out validation of test methods and statistical analysis of validations performed.
• To ensure that all operations and procedures are properly executed and strictly performed in accordance with set, applicable ISO Standards.
• To assist during yearly ISO audits and to ensure absolute compliance to ISO requirements.
Key Competencies • Self-motivated and highly organized.
• Attention to detail.
• Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
• Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
Behavior Competencies • Customer satisfaction driven
• Good problem-solving-skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Be both a team player and a self-starting solo performer.
• Strong communication skills, both internally and externally