Process Manager: Automotive Components
Monday, 16 May 2022
Engineering - Engineering Management
Location: Ga-Rankuwa, Gauteng
To coordinate all activities in the Plant relating to process capabilities, plant, and equipment performance, improve overall OEEs in the Plant, and standardize work activities and practices across all departments to support the achievement of the Sx Business Plan
- BSc in Engineering
- 8 years of experience in a Process Engineering role
- 5 years of managerial experience
- 5 years of Automotive Component experience (non-negotiable)
- Analytical Fault Detection
- FMEA and control plans
- Laminating glass technology
- PPAP / APQP
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Capex Management
- Responsible for giving overall guidance and coaching to Process Team and ensuring that the Team is equipped to solve technical difficulties in line with equipment standards and norms, ensuring that losses are brought within budget.
- To ensure staff are effectively managed and held accountable through performance and disciplinary procedures, and that staff is developed and mentored through the talent management and IDP processes to drive capability in business.
- Providing insight and expertise on utilization and implementation of tools and providing support to the site production Team, ensuring an appropriate action plan is developed for process improvement or process optimization.
- Providing support to Site Operations Manager by ensuring special studies are conducted in order to provide product flow improvements and advise on the efficient utilization of Plant resources.
- Responsible for identifying appropriate Value Projects for the site and ensuring appropriate tools are used and the appropriate manufacturing execution and control systems are in place.
- Responsible for leading manufacturing plant and keeping site updated in regards to new technologies and developments within the technical field, ensuring continuous improvement of Plant operations and cost-saving initiatives.
- Responsible for the standardization of standard operating procedures for all key equipment across the plant to ensure that work instructions and standard operating procedures are in place and any process changes or improvements are updated.
- Responsible for ensuring that all new equipment installation and processes are aligned to all company safety standards.
- Ensure that all FMEAs and Control Plans are updated on a continuous basis as improvements and changes are made to processes and ensure that annual reviews are done on all processes to ensure site compliance and improvement.
- Ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision-making for the business.