Our client, a premier construction monitoring company, is urgently looking for an ECSA Registered Civil Engineering Technologist.
The successful candidate must be able to start working as soon as possible for a contract period of 12 months in Robertson, Western Cape.
Candidate must have own transport and cell phone.
- Defines the civil list of activities, list of deliverables and their dates of issue in accordance with contract requirements and time schedule.
- Manages and is the technical reference for civil works engineers, contractors, and draftsmen.
- Controls and manages subcontracted activities.
- Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements, the contractual obligations and Company HSE commitments.
- Controls and reports civil design activities progress.
- Takes care of any modification of contract scope and issues trend notices when necessary.
- Ensure that employees operate within ISO standards.
- Ensure correct filing and signing of documents as well as necessary approvals are obtained from clients and service providers.
- Ability to draw up a departmental budget.
- Ability to ensure project budgets are adhered to.
- To operate efficiently and make economically sound decisions on all projects.
- National Diploma / BTech Degree in Civil Engineering or similar is mandatory.
- Must be professionally registered with ECSA.
- Must have at least 10 years’ work experience in a Civil Engineering position.
- Must have a sound knowledge of the civil engineering field.
- Must have concrete reservoir working experience.
- Proven track record in management and leadership.
- Ability to make decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Ability to lead and supervise a team to achieve business objectives in all circumstances.
- Ability to troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- Knowledge of software: MS Office, MS Project, civil design software and project management.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please note that this is a contract period of 12 months.
Market related salary offered.
Area: Robertson, Western Cape.
Please apply online if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.