Established concern based in Pinetown is seeking an experienced Buyer to join their dynamic team.
Higher Education in Procurement and Supply chain Management
- 5+ year’s Purchasing Experience and Syspro
- Full understanding of electronic components
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Supply chain management
- Negotiations skills
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Analyse market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Sourcing of material and costings for quotation purposes timeously
- Place orders for ad hoc requirements as and when required
- Creating item codes /Suppliers cross reference
- Item coding new BOM’s
- Placing of Reqs / Purchase orders
- Weekly MRP (Specific and Top up)
- Provide Sales with costed BOM’s as and when requested
- Expediting open orders in line with need dates
- Inform all relevant parties if delivery dates impact on production schedule
- Supplier non conformance
If you meet all of the above, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note due to high volume responses, only candidates that meet the advertised criteria will be contacted.