Our client has an EE opportunity available for a Procurement Officer.
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics NQF level 6 or 7.
- 3+ years working experience in a similar role.
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications.
- Planning and procurement of raw materials.
- Maintain procurement MRP data.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service, reliability and reputation.
- Negotiate prices for materials in accordance to demand seasonality.
- Develop and implement an effective supplier base and partnerships to create a long-term source of supply.
- Ensure that the negotiated prices are consistent and are competitive.