Our client based in Durban is currently looking to employ a Management and Cost Accountant.
- 5 years relevant experience as a Management and Cost Accountant in an FMCG environment is essential. (Experience within chemical industry will be an added advantage).
- Matric / Grade 12
- Computer skills
- Relevant degree in finance, accounting and administration.
- CIMA qualification advantageous.
- Current working knowledge of Syspro - essential.
- Experience dealing with formulations and complex stock costings - essential.
- In depth knowledge of IFRS for SME’s.
- Up to date knowledge and good understanding of Local and International Tax Legislation (Income Tax, VAT, etc).
- Proficiency in Power BI advantageous.
- Presentable with excellent communication and coordinating skills.
- Ability to produce accurate results within prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team player.
- Be able to cope well under pressure.
- Methodical, systematic and analytical minded.
- Positive, self-motivated and confident approach to work and colleagues.
- Emotional maturity and professional integrity.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Honest and reliable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Review of Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and Syspro sub books.
- Daily Manage creditor reconciliations and timelines thereof.
- Review, check and authorize creditors and EFT payments in line with SOP’s and mandates.
- Regular review of debtors and creditors age analysis and highlight potential risks to Management.
- Review asset registers.
- Maintain/implement Insurance policies and manage claim procedures.
- Maintain third-party agreements (e.g. Rental, ITC etc.) where applicable.
- Management of WIP and accruals.
- Review all intercompany reconciliations and balancing thereof.
- Generation of month end journals (Standard and ad hoc).
- Syspro Control / Maintenance (ensure all data captured into the system is valid, accurate and complete).
- Update and provide feedback by using an internal system as well as using this platform to set up tasks for direct reports (i.e.
- Finance Calendar, RRR, Deadlines).
- Prepare, interpret and submit monthly management accounts and annual reports in accordance with Group deadlines, using
- Syspro and Excel.
- Maintaining internal controls as per Group Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate financial controls and assist staff to initiate and implement new systems in line with Group Practices.
- Attend to external financial audits and ensure that deadlines are met.
Statutory reporting and compliance
- Oversee and ensure tax compliance and submissions in accordance with statutory deadlines (Income Tax / Provisional Tax / VAT / PAYE (EMP201 and EMP501) / Dividend Withholding Tax / SARS IT14SD / Other).
- Responsible for attending to SARS audits and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Oversee and manage Workman’s Compensation annual submissions (ROE).
- Assist with predictions where required and counter sign SETA submissions as the Accounting Officer.
Inventory Management and Reporting
- Responsible for inventory costing and updating of products on Syspro. Assume overall responsibility for the standard costing database.
- Analyze and review operational and BOM costs. Responsible for direct and indirect cost allocations on BOM’s and the maintenance of master data and BOMs.
- Create new stock codes and load new BOM’s on Syspro.
- Ensure that the weighted average costing system is accurate. Investigate and report back on all large variances.
- Perform regular integrity checks on the stock module in Syspro.
- Review monthly and yearly stock takes. Ensure stock levels are correct at all times.
- Stock variance analysis and report back to Management.
- Inventory valuation – maintain, reconcile and analyze key General Ledger accounts and balances.
- Month end close off of all inventory related sub-books on Syspro.
- Monthly reconciliations and analysis of all stock related financial accounts.
- Management of WIP and investigate any variances.
- Labour efficiency tracking.
- Evaluate cost of sales variance accounts.
- Compile and review GP reports. Investigate any unusual fluctuations and report back to Management.
- Oversight of GP Reporting Platform (Power BI).
- Update and analyze contract pricing for various clients. Ensure that contract prices on Syspro are up to date at all times.
- Assist with developing and maintaining key internal controls.
Budgeting and analysis
- Assist management with the annual budgeting process and forecasts.
- Compare actual results against budgets and provide feedback to management.
- Providing, analyzing and interpreting financial information at branch level.
- Evaluate manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard predicted costs to actual production costs.
- Building cost models.
Human Capital Management
- Calculate sales rep commissions on a monthly basis.
- Analyze Gross Profit Reports and query any anomalies, to ensure commission calculations are accurate.
- Review and sign off on Payroll for direct reporting staff.
- Manage Payroll and HR administration for direct reporting staff within your sphere of influence.
- Conduct performance appraisals and prepare / update job descriptions where required.
- Ensure effective recruitment practices are maintained in line with Group expectations.
- Maintain effective and consistent discipline within the division and ensure HR and SHE policies are adhered to.
- Maintain and enforce leadership within the division through coaching and mentoring.
- Improve general communication within the division by arranging effective and regular meetings.
- Coordinate and assist Divisional Departments with increases / bonuses based on annual group guidance/mandates memo.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.