Our client based in Gauteng is looking to employ a Procurement Officer to join their team.
- Experience in a procurement role within manufacturing (ideally Chemical
- Detail oriented, advanced user of Excel and other Microsoft office products.
- Strong SAP experience.
- Experience with logistics involved with transportation and importing.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, pro-active thinker.
- Associates Degree / Qualification in Purchasing or related fields or equivalent work
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Excellent negotiation and documentation stills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raw materials and packaging purchasing for assigned suppliers/materials.
- Providing administrative support for procurement of goods and services necessary to support the business.
- Sourcing alternate raw materials and promoting use through technical to lower
standard costs where possible.
- Leading supplier negotiations to secure an agreed contract and in collaboration
with legal services deliver contract terms and conditions.
- Managing the contract management including management of supplier
- Analysis of market trends and provision of insights to senior leadership.
- Provide regular progress reports to senior managers against procurement
strategies and the associated cost savings.
- Maintain data required to support analysis for the procurement of Raw Materials, IE: Regional Price Files & Indent spreadsheet.
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms with suppliers.
- Source alternate raw materials and provide samples to Technical for evaluation.
- Source new material & collect pricing for Marketing as required.
- Maintain various transactions in SAP also in support for the procurement of Raw
- Materials, IE: Value Contracts, Source Lists, Quota Arrangements, special data tables, material master, others as directed.
- Facilitate data analysis through “data mining” in Excel, as required.
- Manage and resolve price discrepancies by interacting with raw material suppliers and accounts payable to in an attempt to reduce or eliminate discrepancies.
- Liaise with suppliers & plant operations to provide forecasts as needed.
- Collect data to facilitate supplier audits; New Raw Material Checklists, Supplier.
- Performance Assessments, Supplier Surveys and Vendor Non-Compliance.
- Update Procurement policies and procedures as directed.
- Manage the interaction between suppliers and technical department on evaluation of new raw materials and assist in providing solutions when supply issues occur with production.
- Responsible for adherence to all Health, Safety and Environment requirements and compliance with both Corporate and Legislative Policies and Acts.
- Maintain spreadsheet of Raw Materials in Risk for Production.
- Co-ordinate with other regions on global procurement activities, such as strategy, pricing, data analysis etc.
- Provide procurement monthly report to management team.
- Attend Management meeting & provide presentation.
- Consignment management & settlement.
- All other tasks and projects as assigned by your manager.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.