Do you have a passion and flair for Inventory Management? Our client based in Pinetown is recruiting for a Stock & Assets HOD, the purpose of the Stock and Assets HOD is to provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving and warehousing to ensure a smooth operation including supervising staff.
Quality and safety:
• To ensure a safe working environment for all employees by maintaining a 5S Housekeeping system
• To manage and control inventory accurately.
• To ensure that safety reps, fire fighters and first aiders are carrying out daily audits/inspections,
• Reporting of potential process, material, machine/tool issues which may negatively impact on quality of product(s) and communication with the production HOD regarding such issues.
• Plan and monitor your department’s delivering against Planned Production Schedule.
• Allocate work to employees in accordance with the Planned Production Schedule & Job Cards.
• All delivery commitments must be met as required and ensure production has the stock they need to manufacture.
• Report status of stock holdings on a regular basis, immediately highlight issues to direct superior.
Cost Monitoring and Reduction:
• Record, highlight and control scrap and rework in Red Tag Area.
• Identify constraints / bottlenecks in processes and highlight to management.
• Managing stock levels to ensure expenses are kept to a minimum and to minimize stock holdings.
• Be active in identifying cost reduction opportunities and put forward suggestions to management.
Team Management and Communication:
• Monitor work performance of all employees that report to you and implement corrective measures where required.
• Monitor the timekeeping, attendance, and absenteeism of all employees within own department.
• Carry out counselling and disciplinary action(s) in upholding the company's code of conduct and disciplinary guide.
• Qualification in inventory control management
• ERP System is a must – SYSPRO will be advantageous
• Driver’s License
• 10 Years of Stores and Inventory management experience
• 5 Years of experience in a Manufacturing Industry
• 5 Years of Supervising/ Managing a Stores Department/ Team
Send your CV to email@example.com
Please note, if you do not hear back from a consultant within 5 to 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful this time around.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link