Our client is searching for a talented Demand Planner to ensure our company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Source and suggest appropriate new products/extensions and suppliers to the head of procurement for consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5-8 years experience in a demand planning/forecasting/junior buying role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Solid understanding of inventory forecasting and ordering models (Netstock experience an advantage)
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.