To provide civil/structural modelling and production of engineering deliverables in accordance with project requirements, to iX engineers and its clients in the industrial, commercial, steel and reinforced concrete structures, and associated civil engineering elements, industry, while supporting the broader iX engineers business, values and vision.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist Engineers by developing geometric representative concept and design models for various projects following the project specifications and quality standards.
- Ensure that drawing registers and issue slips are maintained in accordance with project specific requirements. File all issue slips correctly.
- Maintain and develop libraries of repetitive elements and details for deliverable production application, ensure consistency and quick deployment of parametric items (such as “dynamic blocks” or “families”, 3d objects, annotation styles and design specifications).
- Have a high level of competence in the setting out and development of detail layout drawing sheets in both reinforced concrete and structural steel structures.
- Ensure that all drawing-deliverables are managed in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Be competent in concrete reinforcement curtailment detailing of concrete structural elements.
- Have experience in the detailing of steel structural connections and details.
- Assist with the extraction of quantities and schedule lists.
- Create analytical models (such as in Revit) for input into structural design software.
- Have well developed communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Be a person of integrity and subscribe to professional ethics
- Ability to build and retain healthy relationships with others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy within all aspects required above.
- Be able to think critically, explore and optimize production and modelling workflows in engineering applications.
- Appreciation and aptitude for technological progression.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least a Grade 12 qualification or equivalent
- Training in 3d CAD/CAM/BIM-based modelling software will be advantageous.
- A technical qualification in structures/civils will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years draughting/modelling experience in a structural engineering environment is