The Site Supervisor will be expected to oversee work done on-site at several lines and the teams of cleaners and cleaning tasks.
- Supervise cleaners to carry out their work.
- Inspect the work area cleaned by cleaners – take pictures before and after and send reports to the customer.
- Ensure the cleaning work is done within the time allocated by the PM manager.
- Manage work schedule of cleaners and reallocate work to cover absences.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is well maintained and safe for use.
- Check on the stock level of cleaning materials and equipment (when applicable).
- Must also be able to perform cleaning duties.
- Work to be carried out at the industrial site involves work in high-risk areas – confined spaces and hazardous chemicals handling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends pre and post-maintenance meetings. Liaise with the Manager on a daily basis regarding current tasks, and planning future tasks.
- Ensure all assigned duties as per the SLA are carried out, and that resources are efficiently utilized. Inspect work done by cleaners regularly during the day.
- Ensure that the customer’s policies and procedures are adhered to by staff (safety file, training, etc.)
- Act as a communication conduit between management and staff. Handle complaints and feedback from the client.
- Solve operational problems.
- Plan out the work schedule for cleaners. Submit daily cleanliness reports to the customer and
- Train cleaners and team leaders on service standards.
- Maintain and control the use of equipment and tools.
- Timeously request purchase of equipment and materials.
- Maintain the asset register and staff registers.
- Monitor and report absenteeism to the Manager. Do the work himself when necessary.
- Actively promote Health and Safety, and report any breach directly to the Manager.
- Coach Service team & ensure that all staff wears all appropriate PPE.
- Where required, gather and provide information on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, including schedules, equipment issues, etc.
- Prepare overtime rosters and submit staff attendance.
- Work with team members as required. Identify training needs for all cleaning staff.
- Check all equipment that requires replacement items as needed.
- Report faulty equipment to the customer and the Manager within 12 hours of breakdown.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met and maintained in all facilities, and report shortcomings/faults to the Manager.
- Monitor standards and compliance of work performed by outsourced contractors when applicable.
- Monitor and assist in planning for leave work requirements (shutdowns).
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Able to supervise staff
- Honest and reliable
- Use your own initiative and be proactive
- Minimum Matric
- Post Matric qualification is an advantage
- Previous experience in a production environment is an advantage
- Fluent in English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Demonstrate the aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
- Physically fit – the role requires walking, lifting, bending, and other physical abilities
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license