To provide SHERQ expertise, guidance and support to all offices including nominated projects. Coordinate and improve SHERQ performance reports and administer and improve iX engineers SHERQ systems. Provide support to the office managers and Regional Business Managers and manage staff. The applicant will also be responsible to act as agent on construction projects and managing the health and safety aspects of construction and operations projects in the Consulting Engineering sector. Duties includes attending the technical and progress meetings and managing HSE officers.
Areas of Responsibilities
Key Activities (List at least 5 KPA’s followed by the KPI’s below)
- 1. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- 2. QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Development and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Provide support to the business and functional owners and ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Conduct Internal Quality Audits in accordance to the Company Audit Plan.
- Updating of the Action Request Register
- Conduct or provide guidance to Root Cause Analysis
- Monitor action items and ensuring timely close-out.
- Support and guidance pertaining to external audits (SAI Global)
- Coordinating and facilitating audit meetings
- Coordinating and facilitating audit workshops
2.1 MANAGE SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT REQUEST (SIR)
- Register all SIR’s
- Follow up and make recommendations
- Inform SHERQ Committee
- Close out
- Update Exco reports
- Prepare and submit internal Audit Reports
- Update all quality applicable registers
- Update Risk Register
- Maintain and update New SharePoint
2.4 MANAGEMENT REVIEWS
- Assist in preparing presentation slides
- Review information on the performance of the quality management system
- 3. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance to Health and safety Legislation: Update Health and Safety Plan, Chair Committees, Conduct internal Audits, Oversee Safety Rep inspection and direct for action close outs to Facilities Coordinator, Update Risk Register, Build good relationships with staff and Management to ensure compliance with legislation and company policies.
- Provide Assistance and update location Security plan. Ensure the Emergency security plan has been updated and rolled out to staff. Assist with Emergency Evacuation Drills. Conduct Incident investigations on company related incidents/accidents and motivate the report of lesssons learnt.
- Reporting to the department head on incident and accident statistics and performance on Health and safety.
Education, Language & Qualifications
- B-Tech/National Diploma in Safety Management
- Incident Investigation Competencies, Apollo/TapRoot Cause Analysis training
- Audit Competency (ISO 9001 or ISO 45000 & ISO14001)
- Technical, practical and leadership experience
- Preferably registered with SAIOSH and
- MUST be registered with SACPCMP as a Construction Health and Safety Agent( Pr. CHSA).
- Risk Management Diploma will be advantageous
- Able to demonstrate excellent communications skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Preferred additional qualification:
Recognized diploma or degree in Safety Risk and Environmental and Quality Management
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Site and construction experience preferred including experience in leading and managing a team.
- At least 8 to 10 years to include SHERQ related experience preferably in the construction and private sectors
- Thorough understanding of current applicable OHS and Environmental legislation and a proven ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in an engineering/project management environment
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and delivering SHERQ training, development of high quality SHERQ management plans, facilitation of Business and Project Risk Assessments, performing thorough incident investigations using Root Cause Analysis and other high level techniques, leading SHERQ audits and leading SHERQ observation and inspection teams.
- Highly competent in MS Office suite - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in accessing intranet based SHERQ and Document Management Systems and resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Good Report writing
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to develop close working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Sound professional understanding of relevant industry Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, applicable Codes of Practice and ISO standards.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make challenging and difficult but sound decisions, based on good factual analysis.
- Proven ability to lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands iX engineers’ Values and Purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiate successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and targets and have the support and acceptance of all parties.