iX engineers are seeking an incumbent to provide civil engineering and project management services to internal and
external clients, while pursuing the broader iX engineers’ goals, values, and mission.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Business Development and Support
• Build relationships with key clients and secure new business.
• Market the Civil engineering capability in particular but also iX engineering in general.
• Assist where required, take the lead with tendering, and bid preparations.
2. Internal Project Management, Health and Safety, Administration and Quality Management
• Comply with Company procedures and processes in terms of project registration and risk analysis.
• Comply with Quality procedures by ensuring auditable trail of actions during full life cycle of
project delivery process all in accordance with company Quality Management Procedures.
• Identify project risks and opportunities.
• Monitor closure of all identified risks throughout the project duration.
• Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied to the project.
• Comply with and embrace Health and Safety requirements in the workplace as well as on
• Ensure that HSE requirements are documented and understood by all project participants.
3. Project Delivery
• Ensure Scope Management; Time Management; Cost Control; Communications and Stakeholder
Management; Commercial, Procurement/ Subcontracts Management and Construction
• Provide direction, advice, and control on Civil engineering related projects. Key knowledge areas
include Transportation engineering, Landfill and Hazardous waste engineering and Urban
engineering. Contract Documentation and Administration of Civil Engineering Contracts; and
• Oversee and manage various urban engineering projects.
• Prepare technical reports, cost estimates, and liaise with other professionals, both internally and
• Facilitate and assist with the tender and adjudication process leading up to contractor appointment
and site hand over.
• Plan, coordinate and manage the design, procurement, and construction of discipline specific
• Responsible for the commercial and technical execution and delivery of medium scale projects.
Cooperate with project teams to achieve strategic objectives.
• Monitor and control all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals.
Identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
• Ensure effective resource management on projects.
Assist with technical design reviews when requested on projects for the Engineering Department.
Contribute to the drafting of tenders and assist with multi-disciplinary tender.
Site supervision on an ad hoc basis.
Accurate and timely reporting to the customer and internally to iX engineers’ management
4. Training and Mentoring
• Participate in continuous professional development training to maintain professional registration.
• Mentor, coach, train candidate Engineers/Technologists/Technicians
5. Leadership and Relations
• Build and maintain good working relations with all stakeholders, both internal and external to
• Ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and
third parties and introduction of changes where required.
• Provide technical leadership on projects.
• Effective communications with the project team.
• Manage project teams to control risk and to achieve targets on time and within budget.
• Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost, and schedule issues with the customer as they arise.
• Assist with the compilation and review of discipline specific technical standards, templates, and
QUALIFICATIONS & REGISTRATIONS
BSC Eng Degree
Professionally Registered with ECSA as PrEng (essential)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
NQF level 7 in Labour intensive construction.
Conversant with Bill, MS Word & MS Excel Knowledge of Civil 3D and/or Civil Designer
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities.
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Proven knowledge of all aspects of the basic requirements for the design in Transportation engineering,
Landfill and Hazardous waste engineering and Urban engineering general.
High level of customer focus
At least 10 years post registration experience
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link