Stoper - Urgently Needed
Lekoba Resources (PTY)Ltd
Friday, 02 July 2021
Building/Construction/Mining - Mining
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Stoper. The successful candidate will report to the Shift Supervisor and Projects Manager.
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates.
Key areas of responsibility, but not limited to:
• Achievement of development & production targets.
• General mining.
• Effective utilization of resources (labour / material and equipment).
• Supervision of teams.
• Identification and implementation corrective actions to ensure attainment of production plan.
• Install, maintain, support and remove temporary support in mining excavations.
• Risk assessments (General and Mining).
• Collecting, handling, transporting and storing explosives in a safe and healthy environment in the work place.
• Must have sound knowledge of Sweeping and Vamping.
• Good command of English and Fanakalo, written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal communication skills.
• Proactive and creative thinking.
• Planning, leading and organizing skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Supervisory skills.
• Standard 10 / Grade 12.
• Valid Blasting Certificate. - 5 years post Blasting Certificate Mining experience mandatory.
• Competence A certificate.
• Shift Supervisor experience advantageous.