Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Admin, Accounting, Finance, and alternatively, an engineering degree with significant Commercial analysis experience.
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain management strategies and concepts.
- Knowledge of sources of supply, markets and price trends, and the various grades and qualities of a wide variety of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of purchasing rules, regulations, methods, forms purchase orders, and accounts payable processes.
- Ability to research and gather information related to vendors, contracts, equipment,
- and supplies
- Ability to negotiate and administer contracts or supplier pricing agreements.
- Working knowledge of supply chain management strategies and concepts.
- Ten (10) years of purchasing and supply chain experience.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills. English
- Experience with a variety of computer ERP software i.e. SAP advantageous, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience with a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Outlook, SAP.
- Ability to work with general office equipment such as a personal computer and keyboard, facsimile machines, and photocopiers.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed, team player with good negotiation and demonstrated creative and innovative problem-solving skills (critical and evaluative thinking).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal capability and ability to work cross-functionally and across divisions.
- Team oriented.
- Creative and innovative.
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting, and occasionally in an outdoor or plant environment.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in an outdoor or plant environment, including a heart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required.
- The company promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel International travel to the DRC may be required
- Procurement Strategy and Planning: Assisting TFM and Procurement manager (s) in strategic Procurement planning and objectives for efficiency and cost optimization.
- Policies and Procedures: Adherence to CMOC and TFM procurement policies, processes, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and assistance to monitor and execute compliance.
- Supplier Onboarding: Assessment of potential new suppliers if and when required or as when instructed by Procurement manager and to perform due diligence wrt supplier visits and manage onboarding with TFM vendor administrator until legal supplier onboarding process is completed. This will include interviews with vendors to obtain information concerning product/service, price, availability, and delivery dates.
- Supplier meetings: Attend supplier meetings at TFM or at the premises of suppliers if and when required to discuss pricing fluctuations and service delivery and any other supplier relationship management issues at hand (Late deliveries, over deliveries, incorrect deliveries, payment terms, etc.) The above will include commercial negotiations to limit risks for TFM.
- TFM End User Requirements; Assist in a unique quote or goods requirements of TFM end users and providing of feedback on progress. Attending meetings or via telecon with TFM departments if and when required.
- TFM Inventory Control /Warehouse Requirements: Assist in TFM inventory requirements for quotes for onsite or offsite suppliers for weekly planned POs. Assisting with a warehouse of incorrect goods delivered and following up with suppliers. Discusses defects with quality control/inspection personnel to determine the source of defect and initiates corrective action. This will include assistance when goods are delivered incorrectly at the TFM warehouse.
- Quality: Avoid procurement discrepancies and assist Procurement Manager to detect discrepancies and implement corrective actions.
- Purchase Requests: Review assigned requisitions in the assigned T Group for goods (stock and direct purchases) and Projects as determined by TFM. This may include emergency purchases.
- Request for Quote (RFQ): Procurement principles for the total management of the RFQ process wrt Price, quality, Leadtime, and availability to enable PO processing to the successful supplier. Also, reviews bid proposals from vendors and recommend or enter into contracts within limits of delegated authority.
- Online Purchase Order Processing: Process purchase orders on time with approved vendors, or source with new vendors if necessary, for materials, machinery, equipment, tools, parts, and a full spectrum of other supplies or services at the assigned site.
- Supplier Pricing Agreements: Maintain supplier pricing agreements and validity with OEM and distribution and channel agents. Communicate exceptions To TFM Procurement Manager.
- Expedite: Expedite open or partial PO’s not yet delivered with suppliers and assist to maintain supplier risk register to identify supplier nonconformance. The integration will also be required with TFM Logistics Team to prioritize MOT for urgent POs.
- Communication: During the following up on outstanding orders Snr buyer to ensure that the end-user is aware of any changes in the lead time.
- Savings: Snr Buyer to assist in achieving TFM savings targets during the technical review of quotes and tenders. Buyers to have knowledge of goods and pricing in the market versus market price.
- Procurement Integration with Logistics Service Providers: Snr Buyer to assist logistical service providers with supplier export documents or supplier nonconformance i.e packaging/crating issues. Expediting of outstanding shipment documents and pre-alerts with Logistics service providers will be required.
- Procurement integration with Accounts Payable: Snr Buyer to assist Accounts Payable on SAP accounting transactions to enable correct payments, credits, upfront payments once authorized, and GRV (Onsite-Offsite) receiving issues with TFM warehouse. This task will also include follow-up on Materials received and not invoiced with relevant suppliers.
- Pay the Supplier: Snr Buyer to resolve accounts queries by liaising with suppliers for incorrect invoices and ensuring that suppliers issue credit notes when due. Follow up on supplier’s unpaid invoices with accounts payable (AP) and resolve any issues delaying invoice payments. Ensuring that invoices are processed on the same day to enable good relations with our suppliers and avoid nonpayment problems via regular interaction with AP.
- Master Data Governance (MDG): Snr Buyer to maintain new assigned created materials to update PIR in SAP and to manage aging MDGs.
- SAP Procurement Functional Assistance: Snr Buyer to provide functional SAP transactional assistance to all other new buyers if required or to end-users during PR creation.
- Procurement Reporting: Analyzing procurements reports to measure Procurement performance and or apply corrective actions for the T Group for the buyer is responsible.
- Teamwork and Administrative support: Snr Buyer to work with other team members effectively and cooperatively and be a backup for those who are absent/ overloaded.
- BV Enquiries: Assist BV and Logistics Team in BV inquiries and monitor BV inquiries that expired for overdue deliveries with Logistics partners.
- SAP Data maintenance/Governance: Assisting the Vendor admin and Inventory team in the update of SAP data on the SAP Inventory master and Vendor master. Ensure supplier contact details in SAP are correct prior to the issuing of POs.
- Supplier Credit Applications: Request supplier credit applications if and when required via TFM Treasury/Finance department.
- Record Keeping: Maintains records of purchased items, cost, delivery, and supplier performance however most transactional history for procurement are stored in the SAP cloud.
- Performs other duties as required and instructed by TFM or PSAMS Procurement Manager.